Monday, September 19, 2005

Why I fail my Secondary 3

Okay, the most frequently asked question "Why did you fail and retain during Secondary 3?". It seems like alot of people are interested in this. Let the tale begins....

[Prologue]
When I got my posting to my Secondary 3 class, I was posted to the 2nd best class. Of course I didn't complain because it's already quite good. Not alot of people can get in too (although most of my friend get posted to the best class). One month later, I received a call from Miss Agnes Kew (the former vice prinicpal of EVSS). She asked me that I can actually get into the best class and asked if I want or not. Of course I said yes. Who would give up such good opportunity. (Luckily I have not bought my books yet)

Miss Kew then asked if I want to take A-Maths or Pure Geography. (WOW! I get to choose!)I don't know which to take so I asked for her advise. She says that my final year result in Secondary 2 shows that my maths got "51 marks" and my geography got "49 marks". So she put me in A-Maths class. I agree too because A-Maths sounds cool!

[Story]
I also don't know why. Suddenly, I changed from a hardworking Jerry Wong to a noisy, naughty, lazy, mischevious, crappy Jerry Wong. It's like an overnight change. I couldn't explain it too. I become so lazy that I didn't do ALL my homework. I didn't study for all my tests and exams. I always get punished by teachers. At this point of time, I would like to thank one teacher "Miss Chow YM", my maths teacher. Despite my behaviours, she's still very paitent with me. Maybe that's why I begin to like maths. But it's too late, by the time I started studying for my mahts, it's already the Final Year Examination. My proudest moment: I passed my maths for the first tiem in Secondary 3. One more thing, I also scored the highest mark for my A-Maths test at the final year exam "21 marks". But my overall result for my maths is still a "FAIL". Along with 8 other subjects that I failed, I am officially declared to retain my Secondary 3 years.

[Feelings]
No, I didn't cry. Neither did I shed a drop of tears. Whenever I say this, people just don't believe and says "Don't act tough lah!". Of course I do feel sad. The result of my retain is so expected because I know for myself that I have not being studying for the whole year. If I study hard, I might have got into a JC and now I'm already in NS.

But looking on the bright side, I have made alot of new friends after retaining another year. They are not just friends, but buddy. If I have not retained, I would not have friends/buddies like: (including but not limited to the following)


  • Tan Teck Thong
  • Webster Lim
  • Edmund Chua
  • Nicholas Ang
  • Jason Ng
  • Wu Jing Cheng
  • Terence Yong
  • Wang Teng Yan
  • Calista
  • Christine
  • Victor Goh
  • Neo Wee Khiang
  • Tang Han Wei
  • Louis Yong
  • Koh Ruey Hong
  • Charles Lee
  • Wendy Soh
  • Cindy Teo
  • Gan Huiting
  • Lim Gek Chen
  • Keith Cheong
  • Edwin Tan
  • Quek Xin Fu
  • Elvin Ooi
  • Winson Lim

If your name is not in, don't worry. It's not that I forget you. It's just that I don't want the whole screen to be clogged with name that's why I only put a few.

[Ending]
If you ask me if I ever regret, I would not know how to answer. It really depends, you just need to know how to look on the bright side of life. For every rain, there will be a rainbow after it. Just that you need to search for the rainbow. Hahaha. It's my quote, not some famous quote. Let me quote it again:

For every rain, there will be a rainbow after it. Just that you need to
search for the rainbow.

Hope everyone understands now and will stop asking me about this. Not that I don't wish to talk about it, just that if everyone ask you the same question. You will get fed up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home