Friday, October 07, 2005

Comparing Height

Height: The condition or attribute of being relatively or sufficiently high or tall.

I don't know why people just like to compare height. It seems people just like to compare almost anything that has a numerical value attached to it. In school, classmates usually will teased the one that is shorter. At home, parents like to compare their child with other child.

Example: My youngest brother (13 years old) always get into a height comparison with our cousin (11 year old). No doubt that our cousin is really taller but must they do it everytime they come our house? It's in the genes sometimes. His parents are tall that's why he's tall too.

Another example: When I was younger, a neighbour always like to compare my height to her daughter. Okay, I admit I was shorter than her daugther. HEY! Girls reach puberty first than boy, so what's wrong with she standing at a height taller than me? I just met this girl again a few days back, she's now shorter than me. HAHAHA!

So what if you are tall or if you are short. It doesn't matter! People just like to compare numerical numbers. From height to weight to examination results. It will just make the "lower number" feel sad and the "higher number" feel happy. But, what's the point.

P.S. I'm not short. I'm just of average height.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home