Friday, November 11, 2005

Courtesy reflects yourself

Giving up seats to needy people in the MRT.
Moving in to the center of the cabin.
Standing on the left side of the escalator.
Move in to the rear of the bus so other passenger can board the bus. Saying "please", "thank you", "you are welcome", "sorry" poliety in the correct places.
Speak softly in public places.

COURTESY.

Singapore started its Courtesy campaign sometime back in 1980s. The famous lion-cat is the symbol for charity. But for some unknown reason, it's now no longer in practise. Are people still courteous?

Yesterday while I was on SBS bus number 15 to school. There is this middle-aged uncle standing at the exit door refusing to move in. There is spaced to move in. This result in some passengers unable to board the bus. Then when I was to alight the bus with other TP students, this man is still blocking the exit! I let out a loud message behind him "EXCUSE ME!". He then move slightly away from the door to allow us to alight. Selfish people causing inconvience to other people is so common in everyday life.

I'm not trying to label Singaporeans as "selfish". I have also encounter alot of pleasant incident in MRT. People giving seats to pregant woman, elderly, disabled and children. Yes, there is alot of people giving seats. Most people are also know to move in to the center of the cabin so other passengers can board the train. Courteous people will always deserve the "thank you" from the person they helped.

As for me, I always try to be as polite and courteous as possible. I don't want people writing in their blog commenting about they met a teenager with blue spectacles pretending to sleep when a pregnant lady board the train. I always keep a look out for needy people when I have a seat on the train. I don't mind standing through the trip if I can help the needy. When taking bus, I will definetly move to the rear of the bus. First, it's not so squeezy and I spare a thought for other passengers!

Okay, enough of advertisment on myself. Now it's your turn. How courteous are you in public places?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home