Wednesday, February 21, 2007

CNY 2007

It's the year of pig! Wishing all piglets, piggies and pigs a fatty year!

This year CNY is indeed different from last year since reunion dinner. Last year's reunion dinner at Sakura was terrible. Well, maybe my uncles and aunties enjoyed it but not me. Dinner at outdoor is like, eat eat eat only. I don't really see the reunion part. This year's reunion dinner is at my parent's house!

Well, the part about it's at our house means I'm more involved. Getting the ice cubes and ice water ready, buying supplies of plastic plates, cups, fork, spoon and welcoming the guest. Not guest but actually relatives.

After dinner, we would gather around. Parents will be gossiping about their offspring while watching the television. Children, of course won't be so bo liao to gossip about their papa mama. Some sit around to play MapleStory; imagine 3 computers for kids to party training in game. Luckily I have enough cables.

Finally the day to collect hong bao! Well, the same with every year, relatives will be flooding to my house (not because my house is the biggest but because my grandma lives with us). Greet, greetings, greet, shake hand, smile, laugh, chat, talk, eat, drink, joke, watch TV, play game, take photo and of course collect ang bao. The red packet is just a blessing from the elders so I guess the money isn't really important. Not important, so I no need say I how much I have collected.

As usual, the photo taking. Don't know what's wrong with the elders. Either they are too stiff or they are used to taking formal photos. They can't accept the idea of us saying informal photo. End up the photo is like attending funeral.

Day 2 is a simple yet tiring day. Actually I also don't know what's so tiring. No bai nian but I feel that I'm outdoor the whole day. Why?

The third day is the plan to collect more money. We are like hungry ghost. Maybe not we but my other classmates. Not the ang bao but the gambling. First stop, Hanwei's house. Hanwei's mother is so cool, feeding us with supplies of CNY goodies. I only ate a few as I don't wish to fall sick. However, I emptied 4 packets of drink!

Next, we went to Bao Fa's house. The flooring shocked us (or maybe me). It's so nicely waxed until we can play bowling. And so, the gambling starts. I don't know what's so good about gambling. Maybe because I am more intelligent. Oh, Bao Fa's mei mei is cute.

After Bao Fa, we proceed to Elvin's house. Well, except for the gambling, I can't really tell if there's anything I should add on. Gamblers would have their excuse as reason for gambling on every occassion.

"ai ya, we play small small". Then why do I see $80+ on the table with Bao Fa sweating everytime he opens a card.
"ai ya, it's only once a year". How many times do you people really gamble once a year. If house visiting reason is to gather up and reunion, I'm fine with it. Occassional gambling is fine too. But it seems that every house visit will end up with gambling. Of course you say "what else can we do besides gambling?" Just use your brain to think, you will generate alot. If you got nothing in your mind except gambling, go find Li Nan Xing.

After Elvin wins the whole pool of money of about $70+, we meet up with Jimmy and gang for a late night supper at... where? I forgot the name of the place. Not that important really. We, the prata lovers spammed pratas! Cheese prata, egg prata, kosong prata and many! It's was a tiring day. For some reason, I don't know why Victor, Wee Khiang and Alex are so tired. They looked like they haven't been on bed for 97 hours.

Today is the 4th day of CNY. No much further plan except that we will be visiting Victor's house next Thursday. It was suppose to be yesterday but everyone is like half dead so it was postponed. No problem since Lunar New Year has 15 days.

Alot of people gonna fall sick again. It's time for the doctor to stock up more medicine and MC paper. Heaty food that keeps you going for more is our chinese tradition. Eat first, worry later.

Finally, if you are still reading this, I wish you a fatty bom bom new year! Happy new year!

GONG XI FA CAI!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home