Thursday, June 29, 2006

Integrity

in.teg.ri.ty ( P ) (n-tgr-t)
Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.


Suddenly, I find this quality is important to everyone. Integrity. No matter what you do, you must have a clear conscience. Let your conscience be your guide.

A few years back when I was taking the bus, I overheard a conversation between a mum and her son. The mother was telling the son that if she forgot to top-up his EZ-Link card, just tell the driver nicely that and the driver might give him a free ride. Then the son reply, "so good? Then why not I everytime say I no money, then everytime can get free ride!". The mother immediately react, "no. If we have money, means we have money. Don't fake that we have no money."

Yea, pardon my poor story telling. I'm not good at telling stories. The mother is just trying to teach her son to live to his conscience clear without guilt. Ever since that, I have been telling myself that too. Whichever thing I do, I must be proud of it and have a sense of integrity. Don't you agree?

So, before you do something. Ask yourself, is what you are doing right? Are you shameful of it? Do you feel guilty? Is your conscience clear?

The big I word: Integrity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home