Monday, July 24, 2006

Religion matter

This post is about religion matter, not about religion matters. Don't ask what's the difference. Go figure. I hope this post won't ignite the flame between different religions.

Summary of this topic: No one should be forced into joining a particular religion.

In Singapore, everyone has the right to choose his/her religion. But some parents are forcing their children to follow their religion. They don't allow their children to have a freedom of religion. This is so wrong of the parents.

I also experienced countless times when church volunteers came up to my door to promote Christanity. Why are they doing this? I seriously don't understand why. It's not like the more member they have, the better they seem to be.

Now talk about my family. (I know I seldom blog about my family but this time exception) Guan Yin Ma statue at my house. My father is the only one in the family feeding the statue. My grandmother only feeds "her" on special occasion. I asked them what religion to they belong to. My grandmother says "I don't belong to any religion, I am just praying." My mother says "Don't know. Not cult anyway". My father says "Although I pray everyday, I don't believe in religion."

What is wrong with them? Giving me such an amusing answer. If they don't believe, why do they even pray? Okay, I didn't ask them that because I tend to respect people's decision for doing things. Since you choose this path, you walk the road.

Luckily my parents didn't force me into any religion. I still hate those people who asked me to convert to another religion. If you are such person and you are reading this, please press ALT+F4 now and go die.

Hopefully I don't marry a girl which requires me to convert to another religion. If I really meet such a girl, then I guess it's fate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home