Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Your life

What do you live for?

Most would reply don't know. They live because they won't want to die. Some would say they want to earn their first million dollar by 30 years old. Some say they live to play more games.

Is life meaningless? Some people says that your life from birth to death, it's already arranged and planned. If you are not mean to die, means you are not mean to die. I don't agree with this point. Your life is yours to plan, don't blame God or other shit factors for your life. Although some people experienced tougher life than other people of the same age, don't feel sad. Just take it that you are experiencing more hardship than other people.

Life in Singapore feels so planned. Not by God but by the government and your parents. From the day you are born, it's already fixed that you must undergo at least 12 years of studies, 2.5 years of National Service (for man) and the rest of your life working. While working, you must not forget to find yourself a wife, get married, make her pregnant so as to answer to your great ancestor. Most importantly, plan your retirement as this is not planned by the government or your parents.

By reading the above paragraph, you might start feeling "Damn! My life is so boring, even someone with lousy English like Jerry can write my biography". Fine, you can't blame me for knowing your life because that's the standard for everyone. Just that some people are luckier, some people are unluckier, some people are richer, some people are poorer, some people looks better, some people looks uglier, some people are fortunate, some people are not as fortunate. In the end, you will still got to get burnt down to ashes.

Victor Goh says that if you can understand that life is meaningless, you can be a life philosopher. What logic? o.O

Actually, I also don't wish to live like a depressed guy. I really hope that I can make the full use of my life. Maybe make a difference to the world, if not someone before my unfilal children flushes my ash down the toilet bowl. Will update about this part of myself on the Chapter 3 of my blog.

One of my friends said this to me "Even if I die now, it won't make a difference to the world". Hmm, yes. Afterall, you are not Bill Gates or Lee Kuan Yew, how would your death possibly make any difference to the world? But, if you didn't die, you could make a difference to the world. Maybe one day, you might be the new Issac Newton or Beethoven. Not now but maybe one day, your death might make a difference to the living population. Don't give up on life.

Live is wonderful. Without it, you would be dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home