Thursday, September 07, 2006

3 wishes

http://education.powys.gov.uk/english/
literacy_special/aladdin_text.php

Fairy tale, is just fairy tale. They can never happen in real life. The purpose of such story is to educate children. Each story has a moral behind it. Example of fairy tales are Jack and the Beanstalk, Pinochio, Cinderella and Aladdin and his Magic Lamp.

As childish as I am, sometimes I do really wish that I get to meet some genie, God, fairy or deity. Then they will ask me for my three wishes and grant them for me. Three wishes is enough.

My first wish will be as always, world peace. I don't want people to be in war. War is cruel because innocent life will be lost and sacrifices, making people sad. Greed is the root to all evil. Greed started war. If only everyone is not greedy, there will not be war and it will be world peace!

My second wish is that I want everyone in the world to have a proper meal with decent food to it. Hate to see children in 3rd world country digging the rubbish dump for food. Some children even sniff glue just to satisfy their hunger. Sad scene isn't it. While people in Singapore just dump food around like it's free, people in 3rd world country are digging for food. Not only children, adults too. People begging and sheltering in the streets. They deserved a proper meal too. Hunger is not a good feeling to have.

My third wish will be for myself. I'm selfish? Don't know. After having world peace and everyone having a proper meal. I think it's time for me to take care of myself; my health. I want to live a healthy life. That doesn't mean I want to live until the end of the Earth. I just want a healthy life with no diseases and illness. Of course, the easiest way is to have a balanced diet and exercise regulary. Since I'm granted 3 wishes, I might as well abuse it.

What is life without world peace? Some people say, just let them fight for all they want. But the world doesn't revolves around you, me and we only. Everyone's action has a part to play to the revolution. I know I can't stop the war. I know I can't satisfy people's hunger. I know I can't make myself healthy. Maybe that's why it's call fairy tale.

I might just die one day without any wish being fulfilled. Someone please give me a Magic Lamp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home