Monday, April 30, 2007

2 years of life in Kindergarten

3 January 1991, Thursday.

The first time I attended school. Before attending kindergarten, I never attended any school or lesson before. Life before 5 years old was so... lifeless. Never knew what was it like to be in a school, surrounded by classmates, lead by teachers, far from parents and home.

Being super glued to my parents so 4 years, I can't let go. LOL. I cried on top of my voice because the monster (teacher) is trying to drag me away from my parents. The whole place is damn noisy. Imagine so many kids crying at the same time. Some sobers quietly, some blast it out (like me).

I remembered the teacher carrying me to the office because my crying is too loud that I will disturb other classmates. On the way to the office, I struggled and struggled. I kicked my leg so hard that my sandals flew off. Why sandals? My parents know that I don't like to wear cover shoes. Of course, it wasn't allowed but since it's the first day of school and they got to please me. While the teacher is bending down to pick up my sandals, I pissed on her. No, I didn't aim or anything. It just happened. She then change me a new pair of pants and told me to wait in the office.

I stoppped crying! Maybe because no one was in the office. No point crying since no one will be watching. After a while, the teacher fetched me back to the class and warn me not to cry again or I will be in the office again.

Soon, I get used to it.

During my course of study in K1, my mother always sign up coloring contest for me. Why coloring contest? She notice that I can't draw well. Despite all the coloring contest I took part in, I never won any award. Not even one. Very saddening. I put in so much effort to color it yet I didn't win. Then I look at the winning entries. Okay, I don't deserve to win. I simply can't draw and color.

Once, we were told to draw a scenery. Due to my low arts cell, I'm the last one to complete. Then one of my classmate came to me and say, "the sun don't need like this draw". What she meant was, I need not draw the ray from the sun, just draw a circle and color it orange will do. HEY! That's clever. I reply "yes ok" but when she left, I still drew the sun ray. I'm not used to drawing a "naked" sun.

It was my grandmother who bring me to school and fetch me from school everyday; regardless of rain or shine. Once it rain, the umbrella flew away and she sheltered me with her body. Sometimes, we would just left for school forgetting to wear uniform, forgetting to bring bag, forgetting to wear school shoes and alot of funny moments. Thanks ah mah!

My K1 of study is at block 284, Tampines street 22. It's not very nicely renovated and they don't have computers or air-con. Besides, I don't have much recollections there.

Soon, my parents realise the computer potential in me and decides to enrol me in another kindergarten for my second year of study. My K2 life is at block 106, Tampines street 11. Yes, it's just below Bao Fa's block but we are not classmates.

The main different is of course the addition of computer lesson. It's call the.... EduLand if I'm not wrong. Upon completion a module/course, you will be awarded with a certificate indicating your activness. Not useful but I still keep it anyway.

Another add-on is the.... lecture hall? I don't know the name but should be since the design is the same. We would sit at the steps, the teacher would sit in front, telling story. It's quite boring so some student always sit behind and pretend to listen.

K2 is morning class for me. This is a good news for parents because breakfast will be provided! This is a bad news for me because I've got to eat breakfast in school. I belong to the type of "don't-like-breakfast" but no choice. The most common breakfast is the ceral with milk. It's flexible though. For those who want milk, just raise up the left (or right) hand and indicate the "pour-more-milk" sign. I usually go without milk because I'm lazy to raise my hands.

I don't belong to those active type but I do belong to those.... err.. "don't-mess-with-me". There is this huge music (+ activity) room for us to relax our muscle. In order to skip those boring activities, I always get the excuse of toilet. Not long, my parents were informed because they suspect that I got bladder problem. Then my parents started monitoring my toilet visits. Of course, I got clever. I visited the toilet lesser when I'm at home.

There was once this teacher that threaten to lock us in the music room if we don't keep quiet. Some stupid retarded shit people just continue to make noise then the teacher just walk out of the music room. I got so scared of locked in that I went to push open the door and cry out loud. Not long, another classmate joins in. It's locked! No matter how we push, the door won't open. Then the teacher came back with a radio in her hand and push open the door. It was then we realise that the door should be pull from the inside in order to open. -.-"

K2 also taught me the difference between "three" and "tree". Am I retarded or what? If not for this K2, I might still get blur between "three" and "tree".

Due to my handsome and cute look, I was selected to perform at the annual graduation ceremony together with my other classmates. My job is just to dance around gracefully.

K2 is also the year I strike chicken pox. Stupid chicken pox makes me MC for 1 month. A terrible life at home with chicken pox all over my body. This is perhaps my longest MC.

When I'm fully recovered and finally back to school, a terrible news shocked me! The teacher got another student to replace my position in the dance because I was on MC for 1 month. Rehearsal can't wait for me so I was replaced. I wonder was it Bao Fa who replaced me.

Another memorable incident. We are supposed to deposit our bag in the shelf before entering a classroom. In order to punish students who just throw their bags around, the bag will be confiscated in the principal's office.

HAHA. My bag was one of the bag that got confiscated during a random spot check. It was after a lesson and I can't find my bag anywhere, the teacher told me that my bag got confiscated. I rushed to the principal's office and I see my bag on top of a shelf. No matter how hard, far, high I jump, I still can't reach it. I'm clever. I attempt to shake the whole shelf to make my bag drop. Maybe I will be a hero if I resuce my friend's bag too. The principal stopped me for obvious reason. Final skill, cry. I cry and cry and cry and cry until the principal got damn annoyed that she call my mother down. I also got damned annoyed because she doesn't want to return me my bag that ran out of school but got caught back by one of the teachers.

Of course, the bag was returned to me when my mother come down. Oh crap! Should have just return it to me. Waste my mother's energy and effort to come down just for one stupid bag. Yeah, why did I cry for a stupid bag. I'm stupid.

20 November 1992, Friday. The last day of school for my kindergarten life. Dress nicely for the graduation photo shot.

No, I didn't attend the stupid ceremony because I was replaced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home