Friday, April 13, 2007

Security guards

Have you ever been stopped by security guards while in an attempt to enter a building? Irritating right?

Yes, you can argue that they are there for our safety. Yes, I would like to say that most security guards concerned aren't really ensuring my security.

You see so many blue uniform officer carrying scary weapon walking up and down the stations of North East Line (NEL) and in the train. I think they are just doing it for the show. Have you ever got your belongings checked or have you seen them doing spot check on other passengers? My own reply is "no".

I wanted to enter my brother's secondary school to settle something, then the security stops me. Now here's the problem. The first time I attempt to enter the school, I was instructed to leave my IC behind in exchange for a visitor pass. The second time, they just told me to write down my name and contact number in exchange for the pass. The third time, nothing. They just ask me where I'm going and allow me to enter.

So, what are security guards for?

Imagine I'm a terrorist. (NOT REAL!) I can just walk into the school or train, bypassing all means of security and set off a bomb. BOMB!

What is the main purpose of them imposing security guards when they aren't even guarding to give a sense of security. I think the security guards are just posing, that's all.

Okay, I got suggestion. You know those funny metal entrance that can detect if you have metal object with you? Yeah, implement more of these. They will certainly be helpful. Before walking through the metal door, you will be instructed to take out all the things in your pocket, place it in a small basket beside it and walk.

Of course, if the suicide bomb sets off while the terrorist clears the pocket, then it's too bad. But at least this extra step increases the level of defense and put the security guards to more use.

Stupid Osama for causing so much trouble for everyone. But at least he makes us realise the importance of security.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home