Monday, May 28, 2007

Golden mouth

Encounter senior citizen with fake golden tooth in their mouth before? Cool. HAHA! That's not the main point.

Was having lunch at KFC a few days back. Saw this family of 4 (parents, baby in pram and either parents' mother) having lunch there too. The father is holding on to the old granny while the mother is pushing the baby pram. When they were about to leave, another family is entering the KFC. The family that is entering the KFC gracefully helped by opening and holding the door for them.

What annoys me (and perhaps the family holding the door) is that the family of 4 didn't bother to thank or smile at the humans that help them with the door. No, they didn't even look at them. As if the person holding the transparent door is transparent too.

My conclusion, they are either mute or blind. Wait, they can't be mute because I heard them chatting before. So they must be blind. You see, more Singaporeans are getting short-sighted nowadays. They can't see far, they can only see what they want to see.

Is that the correct attitude they are trying to teach children? Can't they just open their golden mouth and say "thank you"? Is it really hard? Golden mouth. Cannot open because the contamination in air particles will destroy the gold?

Sometimes, I do try to hold the door for people behind me. SOME would appreciate my effort by saying "thanks". Most would just look at me thinking I'm just a door-boy trying to earn tips from them. Those wearing button-ed shirt with tie on collar, stop thinking that you are some great person that look down upon people judging from their attire. I'm not born to open the door for you. It's just my courtesy from my upbringing that teaches me to be kind to people.

To selfish people, they will have this thinking. "You want to hold the door your problem lah, why want me to thank you. You not happy you don't hold the door lor, I got hands that can open the door myself."

Golden mouth. As if basic courtesy also falls under the "lawyer consultation" category. Golden words from golden mouth need to be paid if you want to hear the "thank you".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home