Saturday, June 02, 2007

How to teach children?

I KNOW, I know, I know. I'm definitely not in such a position to discuss about how to teach children. I know, I am still not a parent yet but I have something I want to share.

Why do some parents like to punish and shame their kids in the public? Last week, I was at Simei (outside Eastpoint Mall) after doing my check-up at Changi General Hospital. While waiting for the lift to bring me up to the entry area, a mother was asking his son to give her his EZ-link card. The boy say that it's not with him. The mother panicked. Seeing that his mother is panic, the boy then surrender his EZ-link card to his mother. I don't know why the mother was so angry that she slapped her son real hard in the face on the right cheek.

Is it really a must to get so angry so small thing? Yea, the boy is mischievous. But don't need slap so hard on the face in public area right? After slapping the boy, the mother left angrily with the EZ-link card, leaving the boy crying alone. WHAT A MOTHER!

Well, the remaining of the story is not important so it will not be included in this entry. If you still want to know, just ask me.

I know it's hard to raise a child but at least don't treat your child like an animal. Teach, not reprimand. Give love, don't wait until it's too late.

At the very same place of the incident mentioned above; a week before it, an accident took place.

An 8 year old school boy is knocked down by a reversing truck, dying on the spot. Family grieving.

Refer to the screenshot of the news here:
- link 1
- link 2

People are crying over their dead child while you are making your child cry.

Not forgetting those physically/mentally disabled children. They are born handicapped yet most parents didn't abandon them. With efforts so hard, they still give the best to their child, hoping that they will be happy. Yet some parents are out to make their child unhappy.

DON'T SCOLD ME.

I'm not saying that it's wrong to scold or punish children. Of course, when kid is naughty, we should discipline them. If we don't discipline the kid when they are young, what will they become of if they grow up? Discipline them, teach them and educate them. A little louder voice is okay to make yourself look stricter. Some parents just scold, beat, slap, cane, punish, torture, mutiliate their children when they did something wrong.

Back in my old house, my neighbour (2 years younger than me) always get whipped by his father's belt when he did something wrong. Eh, come on man, you are killing your son here, not a wild boar in the jungle.

I understand that some people are saddist. They enjoy seeing people getting tortured or in pain. But parents? If you don't like children, just don't give birth to one. Lots of contraception techniques out there, just choose one or two.

A child is a gift of love.

Maybe it's not so easy to teach children. Maybe one day when I have my own kids, then I will understand the toughness. Maybe my thinking is too childish. Maybe, I'm right.

This entry doesn't fit the title but can't think of a suitable title.

How to teach children? Maybe someone should teach me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home