Monday, July 09, 2007

Live Earth

As much as I know, the widely advertised Live Earth concert across the globe is to promote environment awareness. Quite an interesting event because audience can watch their favourite singer perform for Earth sake.

Of course I didn't join in the crowd squeezing event as I'm already too skinny to get squeezed. The telecast on Mediacorp channel 5 is pathetically boring too. I don't konw why but it just don't have the "concert" feel.

YouTube is a great source of video entertaintment. Linkin Park's performance at Tokyo Live Earth is at least better than Singapore. Then I realise something, is this a concert?

After the concert, people totally forget about Earth. Littering everywhere on the ground. At least use the recycle bin provided and sort your unwanted items nicely into the respective bins.

If they really want to save Earth, Live Earth concert is not going to work. I have a better suggestion. Stop all television broadcast on that day. Such a widescale mega concert will is using lots of electricity, burning fuels, creating unwanted methane and carbon dioxide, leaving us with extra trapped heat in the atmosphere.

Earth is a good place for human to live in but human are destroying it.

Maybe I should save electric too by spending less hour on computer. Maybe I should stop using the water heater when I shower. Maybe I should plant more trees to absorb carbon dioxide. Maybe I should sleep more so I will breathe out less carbon dioxide. Maybe I should stop farting. Maybe I'm thinking too much. All the "maybe"s may not work out for me.

Saving the Earth is too easily spoken.


Digg this article

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home