Sunday, June 17, 2007

Going for NS... soon

Soon, very soon, I will be doing my part as a Singapore male citizen. Serving the army and training to protect the nation along with many other heros.

In another exactly 90 days, my life will be restricted to serving the nation. No more long hours of Internet access, no more camera phone to capture beautiful moments around me, no more queen size bed to sleep on, no more delicious meals to satisfy my huger.

All I get is training after training with lots of males around me. That's so pitiful.

We the citizen of Singapore, pledge to serve our nation with pride, regardless of whether you like it or not, based on justice and equality. No, I'm not mocking at our pledge. It's just my view on NS that just happen to sound like our pledge.

Some people ask me "you scared or not". Honestly, nothing to be afraid or "scared" of. Every heroic man in Singapore got to play his part in protecting the civillian. Well, unless you are physically handicapped or mentally ill-ed. Quite glad that I finally got my enlistment letter. Most of my friends are enlisted in June, meaning they are in the camp already. Wonder how are they doing now. Some of my friends will be ending the torture in 1 year time. A small portion of my friends have done their NS.

Suddenly I remember I owe many people "some" thing. Owe Hui Ting an entry on "When Joy comes", owe Shawn lots of birthday presents, owe Sophia a testimonial on Laydio T-shirt. Not forgetting the entry I promised on my 6 years of primary school life. I can easily write up something on the entries I owe but it wouldn't be nice. I don't like to rush through writing blog entries. Writing an entry must be well planned and researched. Most importantly, I must have the "feel" (mood). As for Shawn's birthday present, wait I earn money first.

I will try my best to predict and prevent the most unpredictable accidents. Example, getting shot accidentally by camp mates, getting heat stroke after running, grenade exploding at me, lost in the jungle, falling down on the slippery shower floor, choking on food, urine on bed, freaked out by ghost. The list goes on and on. Yes, don't worry, I will be careful.

My mum is worried on the thing that is the most unexpected. She's worried that I might kill someone (or more than one). When I was younger, I had bad temper. Really bad. When things don't go the way I want, I would just wreak havoc. Of course, I am better now. If not you will see me in Boy's home or jail now.

The dark side of me. I might forgive but never forget. If someone seriously irritates me, I will sabotage him in the dark and make sure he suffers. Guess not many know that I belong to the revengeful type. Don't worry, not many people are worth my time planning the attack. If there's really bastards in my camp, I will not hestitate to give them some "happy hour".

2 years should be fast. 3 long years of life in Temasek Polytechnic seem so short. After deducting the holidays, weekends, sick leave and other off, 2 years of army life should be actually 1.5 years.

I didn't pass my NAPFA so I got to undergo a 4 week of hell training. It's not bad actually because you get to go in first then those who are fitter. You get to know the places well and see people "sua gu" their way. Being better familiar with the place gives you more advantage.

Lastly, hope there's more people with the same interest as me. It will be a nightmare if everyone is discussing on a topic that I have no idea about. Doesn't want to feel alienated.

15 September 2007.
BMTC School 1.
9.30 am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home