Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Sitting on the MRT floor

This is another blog entry about public transport, more specifically, MRT.

Everytime when someone seats on the floor of the train beside the door without blocking anyone, those uncles and aunties with camera phone will be quick to snap pictures of it secretly and send it to STOMP.

Please lah, it's up to them to decide where to sit. Why do you have to control other people's butt? If you feel sad for their backside, then go wash it for them. What has sitting on the train floor be any of your business?

If you are really unhappy about them blocking the door which does not open on that side, then go tell them straight. Why resort to taking other people's photo secretly. The lady opposite you might think that you are trying to capture her upskirt. AH! I know, you are worried that those "door-side seaters" will bash you up? Well, then continue hiding behind the computer screen and insult them.

Being kind to kiasu commuters on the train, I always stand throughout the ride instead of snatching seats with people. Sometimes, too many train rides a day tires me out so I always drag my friends to the floor with me. Luckily (and sadly), I never get snapped but I do get strange stares.

I know, got seat why must sit on the floor right? Not like I never sit on MRT seat before but I don't like it. Everytime on the seat, when the train comes to a station, I would be on the lookout for needy person. I don't want people to think that I "purposely didn't see". Being a bystander watching people snatching for seat is more fun.

Back to the topic, what monkey business has it got to do with you and the person sitting on the train's floor? The idea on "moving towards a gracious country" and "uncivillised" is crap. The ugly sight of snatching seats, eating in train, not giving seat to needy person is not as gracious and is definitely uncivillised too.

At least sitting on the train's floor is better than sitting on the bus's floor. Agree? Why don't people sit on the bus floor. It's because the door is only at one side, unlike the MRT where you can choose to sit on the side which the door won't open.

Next time you complain about other people being a donkey, check it out in the mirror yourself first. Nobody is perfect. I'm not interested in lame joke such as "my name is nobody".

If you really have a problem with people sitting on the train's floor, kindly exit the train and take another train coming 3 minutes later. If there's still people on the train floor, just go take a bus or take a cab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home