Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I am Chinese

Yes, I'm a Chinese and I'm not afraid to let you know. I have absolutely no intention on hiding my race.

Some people I came across in life are ashamed of their Chinese roots. They feel that being a Chinese is a disgrace. They then began to watch lots of English show and try to immitate their speaking style and slang. "Yo bro, wassup!"

The improve of a nation marks the degrading of the people.

Now in Singapore, if you don't know English, you will be laughed at. But if you don't know Chinese, it's perfectly alright. In fact, if you know too much of Chinese, people would start to wonder if you are from China.

I admit that I'm not good in writing Chinese words but at least I learn and I didn't complain. There are many Chinese who don't want to learn Chinese.

Student. They always complain that Chinese words are too diffcult to write and remember because it's too complicated. Although most are comfortable in speaking Chinese, they are having lots of problem writing it. If you can spell "hippopotamus", how hard can the Chinese word "he ma" be? It's just the learning mindset.

Adult. The mindset of "Chinese not important" leads to the downfall of Chinese. True. In company, all documents are in English and even this blog is written in English. What's the point of Chinese? The point of learning Chinese is... you are Chinese!

I actually typed out two looong paragraphs on Chinese music and English music but you are not going to read it because I removed it. It seems so useless and off-topic.

I believe that all Chinese should at least be able to read, write and communicate in Chinese. Do you share my belief?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home