Monday, June 25, 2007

My N80 is now IE

Nokia N80 comes in 2 version; the normal version and the Internet Edition (IE) version.

About one year ago, I received my N80 from my father. Back then, the IE version is not available yet. One month later, Nokia announces the IE version of N80. Selling away my N80 for N80-IE is a foolish idea. So I got to live with the "oldest" version of N80.

Few months ago, Nokia announces "Nokia Software Updater". It allows N-series user to upgrade their phone's software (firmware) version manually. No need to go down Nokia Care and wait for days for them to do it for you.

All you need to do is just go to this website: http://www.nokia.com/A4176089, select your mobile phone model and download the installer. Install the installer and run the programe. Plug in your data cable and follow the instructions on screen.

It will show your current firmware version and the latest available firmware. Continue through to download the firmware and install it.

IMPORTANT: NEVER DISCONNECT THE CABLES WHEN YOU ARE INSALLING THE FIRMWARE OR YOUR PHONE WILL SPOIL (BRICK). Good luck.

Now my N80 is officially N80-IE! The WLAN scanning on active standby simplifies the WLAN connection. It also comes with lots of new option to set up VOIP calls. It's working great! Finally, they also remove the shutter sound when taking pictures from the camera. Lots of new update and some minor tweaks. Ask me personally or if you want to know more.

Go a N-series phone? Update now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home