Sunday, July 01, 2007

Loud music in public transport

Do you hate it when someone plays loud msuic in public transport? Do you feel like snatching the handphone over and slam it on the floor? Do you feel irritated?

I don't.

I have no problem with people playing loud music from their handphone on public transport. Just treat it as a public entertainment. Buses have TV Mobile for public entertainment too, but the volume is too soft. That's why there are people who provide free music for the commuters.

One of the music copyright rule states that you are not allowed to broadcast the copyrighted music in public places. Needless to say, those who play loud music in public places are indirectly violating the terms. Well, you can always argue that the music is played for personal listening with no intention of "broadcast".

There are people who complains that the loud music from inconsiderate people disturbs their peaceful ride especially after a tiring work day. If you really like the peacefulness and quiteness of public transport, take a cab. If you are stingy, then don't complain. This is what to expect on a public bus or train.

Although the above claims that I'm alright with people who broadcast loud music in public transport, I'm not one of the broadcaster. I know that everyone has different taste when it comes to music so I won't share my lousy taste of music with the rest of the crowd. Though I seem selfish in my paragraphs above, I will not be a selfish soul in disturbing other commuters. Playing music loudly in public transport is not my style.

You cannot stop these handphone music's flasher so just adapt to it. Thinking on the positive side may brighten up your journey. If you keep bearing the grudge of hating the teenagers that play ugly music, your journey will darken. If you don't like the music, then simply plug in your earphone and start listening to your own music. Another way is to try to like the music. I just come up with a nice quote: "there's no bad music, only bad listeners". Sounds logical?

The next time you encounter a walking radio, face the music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home